As an original partner in the pioneering efforts to revive craft brewing in this country; our plant in Canby, Oregon has been supplying beer tanks and equipment to all beverage producers since 1981. We began building brewing vessels in a scale to fit the requirements of the small brewer under the trademark name of JV Northwest and manufactured the very first brewing equipment for craft breweries in Oregon, Washington and California.
We have supplied beer tanks & systems to over 600 breweries worldwide.
It is a common misconception that all ale is dark and bitter, while lagers are pale and mild. To the contrary, it is possible to brew a pale, light bodied ale, or a rich, bitter black lager. A full range of flavor and color can be brewed within each style. Although ales do tend to be more fruity and assertive while lagers are typically crisp and mellow, the greatest difference between the two beers is their production method.
Ales can be produced in ten to fourteen days, while lagers require three to five weeks. Obviously the capital required for a lager brewery will be greater, as two to three times as many cellar vessels are required to produce the same amount of beer. Longer aging, yeast strain, and lower fermentation temperatures contribute to the clean crisp flavor of lagers while shorter high temperature fermentation of the ale produce the fruity more assertive brew. Some areas of the country are more accustomed to the crisp Germanic lager style, while other regions may prefer the English style ale.
HERO brewing systems offer superior performance at every phase, from reducing the overall brew time, increased wort clarity, and hop utilization to crank out delicious beer for decades.
HERO System Features:
- 5-8 Minute Mash In
- 5 Minute Mash Transfer and Whirlpool Charging
- Integrated CIP (Clean-In-Place) Piping with Mix-Proof Valves & Non-Clogging Claw Sprayballs
- White Squall Hydrator, Self-cleaning
- High Flow, High Efficiency, Low Shear Pumps
- Remote Pump Control
- Steam Control Valve on Brew Kettle & Mash Kettle (optional)
- Chain & Puck Malt Conveyor (optional)
- Water Push at Mash Transfer & Wort Cooling
- Electro Magnetic Flow Meter at Water Mix, Lauter & Wort Cooling
- Sanitary Control Valves at Lauter & Wort Cooling
- Stainless Steel Electrical Conduit
- Stainless Steel Strainer at Heat Exchanger Inlet (optional)
- Swedged Out & Fully Welded Lauter Tun Side Manways (Fully Water Proof)
- LED Tank Lights
- CIP Protocols (Manual)
- High Flow Heat Exchanger at Wort Cooler, Dual Flow Wort Cooling Assemblies for Ultra High Wort Recovery
- High Hop/ Dry Trub Whirlpool Design
- Wort Heater at Lauter Tun (Optional on Single Infusion Systems)
- Hop Cooler at Whirlpool (optional)
- CIP Protocols (Manual)
- Start-up & Commissioning by Project Engineer
HERO Pro Package:
- Brewhouse Automation Including Fully Automated CIP Functions
If you have any question please write to us by contact form or linkedin